Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grace

A few weeks ago, I was chatting with my good friend Lainie about the kids, food, God, and life. I was sharing with her how Winnie is a rule follower and does what she is told...most of the time. She doesn't cause a lot of problems and in general is a joy to be around. She wants to please others, and likes to do things to help out. As far as our children go, she's been the easiest to raise, so far. I hadn't really thought about how I should pray for her.

My wise friend Lainie pointed out that, when I pray for Winnie, I should keep in mind that she may struggle with Grace.

That insight has been on my mind ever since.

Winnie is a lot like me. I'm a people pleaser, rule follower, hard worker, do what I'm told, kinda girl. I struggle with Grace. I struggle with believing that God's Grace truly does include and extend to me. I am so hard on myself, and I can see that Winnie and Roo too, are also very hard on themselves. I know first hand, the pain and happiness that comes from being a rule follower, list maker, task master. I know where I excel, and where I fall short.

God gave me beautiful, intelligent, amazing girls... who are like me. I now know exactly how to pray for them.

Blessings,
Kim

No comments: