Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day Follow Up

I just wanted to let you know what we ended up doing on V-Day.

As I said, the girls went to Grandma and Grandpa's house overnight. I guess Christopher Robin and I looked so desperately exhausted that they took pity on us! We dropped the girls off Saturday morning around 10:30 and didn't see them again until Sunday morning around the same time.

It was a very relaxing 24 hours. We did a little shopping, rested at home, went out to dinner and saw a movie (our typical date night protocol). Then we came home went to bed and slept in until...wait for it, wait for it...8:30! Only parents of young children can fully appreciate how late that is to sleep in, and how good it feels.

I must have looked pretty bad before the 24 hour siesta because when I saw Winnie and Roo the next morning they both looked at me with wide eyes and smiles. Roo said I looked very rested. She said I had circles under my eyes before, and now I looked happier and more relaxed. I certainly feel a ton better. I think it was the rest and all the juice I've been making and drinking at home.

Anyway, we had a good time and were very thankful for the much needed quality time together.

Blessings to all of you "Valentine's" out there. I hope you have many nice and restful "Valentine Days" all year long!

Kim

No comments: