Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Juice Chronicles- Part 1

Last week I bought a Juicer. I researched all of the juicers on the market and narrowed my choices down to just a few. Then after much pain staking research, sole searching and pocketbook checking, I decided on the one I could afford rather than the one I really wanted:-) Isn't that just how it is in life!

At any rate, the one I could afford, seems to be just the one I needed! Imagine that? (God must get such a kick out of me!) I have been having so much fun making fresh juice out of all kinds of fruits and vegetables. Yum!

I thought I'd share a few thoughts about this whole "juicing" thing:

1. It takes a little bit more time than I thought it would, but as I get used to doing it, I find that I'm becoming more efficient and therefore speedier.

2. It's more expensive than I thought it would be. I was really only thinking about the initial cost of the machine itself. However, it takes quite a lot of fruit and vegetables to make one or two glasses of juice. If you buy organic, juicing can be VERY expensive.

3. The juice tastes SO much better than I expected.

4. I find I am far less hungry throughout the day and have far more energy.

5. I feel less moody, anxious, and irritable.

****Hmm, maybe I won't need that anti-depressant prescription after all? I think the money I will save by not needing prescriptions and seeing the doctor less often will make up for the added expense of juicing.****

In case you are wondering, I bought the Breville Juice Fountain Plus. I think it does a decent job of extracting juice and it does so relatively quietly, quickly and neatly. It's easy to clean and the parts are dishwasher safe. A friend recommended the Vita Mix Juicer/Mixer. Yes, that would be my first choice for sure, however, my pocketbook couldn't support that juicer, so the Breville works just fine for now.

So there you have it. Bottoms up!

Kim

No comments: