Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mama Mia!


I went and saw this movie last week with my Mom and Mother-in-Law. What a fun movie! As per my MIL's suggestion, I invited my mom to come with us and am so glad I did. My mom and I love to dance...it's a common bond we have and we have enjoyed sharing it my whole life. So, for us, watching any movie that has singing, dancing, romance, comedy and a mother/daughter relationship is a huge hit with us!

I don't remember ever laughing so hard in a movie. This was not the polite laugh, or even the loud, open mouthed laughter that is common in movie theaters. No, no, this was the silent laugh. You know it. The one that starts off with a little chuckle and then builds into something that can hardly be contained. What's a girl to do? The laughter has to get out somehow. In my case it was shaking shoulders and tears. Yes, I laughed so hard I cried. I DID NOT pee my pants though!

Not only did I love the music, but Meryl Streep, Julie Walters and Christine Baransky were HILARIOUS!!!! See the movie just for them. The only thing I didn't like was Pierce Brosnan singing. Just say "No" Pierce, Just say "No. (see previous post)

Thanks Jen for suggesting the movie! I had such a great time!

No comments: