Friday, December 5, 2008

My first knitting project...complete!

I posted a while back that I was attempting to learn to knit. Remember that forlorn looking blue ball of yarn?
Well, with the help of Eeyore, my mom and Aunt Susan, and an opportunity from God to strengthen my patience muscle, I finally finished my first project and have started my second.

I was able to finish this scarf after many, many, many attempts and do-overs while driving down to California for Thanksgiving. I love that I was able to get something done while sitting in the car. I'm all about multi-tasking.

So here it is!

God used this small project to teach me a lesson in perseverance and patience. It also was incredibly gratifying to make something out of nothing. I never thought I would knit...way too domestic for me. Yet here I am a model of domesticity. Will I ever learn to never say never?

Have a blessed day!

Kim

2 comments:

Lainie said...

Yay for you!!!!

It looks great!

Good job hanging in there... I can't wait to sit and knit with you :)

Kim said...

It ended up being really fun. I still can't quite carry on a conversation though while knitting without messing up at some point. I'm getting there though.