Friday, December 12, 2008

From the mouths of babes

Winnie is very interested in dying lately. She talks about it every day, several times a day. She says, "I want to die to so that I can go to heaven and be with Grandpa Adkins and Abby" (My parents yellow lab who died a month or so ago). The other day in the car she asked, "Where is heaven?" To which Christopher Robin replied, "In the sky." She's almost 4 and that's the best we could come up with on the spot. Winnie thought about this for a second and then said, "Well, then when I die we'll fly up in an airplane to go to heaven and see Grandpa and Abby, ok?"

We will be flying in an airplane in March to go to Disneyland. I can only imagine the conversations we will be having on the plane!

2 comments:

Lainie said...

We just tell our children that Heaven is only heaven because God is there.

So you're not locked into a location you could tell her that heaven is where God is, that it's in His presence.

I don't know if she'll accept that answer but I did have an idea for "illustrating" it to her.

Call me--- too hard to type it here. :) It's because I'm hungry ;P

Kim said...

Awesome, thanks! I'll give you a call. Busy day today and I'm fighting a cold so it might not be right away. By the way, it was good seeing you the other night and thanks for letting Paige come and hang out. It was really special for her.