Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's Harvest Time

It's that time of year. Time for the annual pilgrimage to our local farm to pick out pumpkins, ride tractors, go through hay mazes, and ride some rides. It's Harvest Season, Fall Festival time, Autumn. We LOVE this time of year!


This weekend we went to our local Lee's Family Farm and Winnie's preschool Fall Festival! Whew, that's a lot of harvesting in one short weekend, but it was super fun!

Christopher Robin and I have decided that we need to make a point of getting out with the whole family more often for fun events like these. It's stressful, but only because we don't do it very often. Now that everyone is getting older and more independent it is even more important for us to start making memories that will stay with them into adulthood.

I know it's cliche, but it's true: Time does fly. I have 11 year old Eeyore to prove it (yes, she's Eeyore this week...that's another post for another time). She and I went for a walk tonight in the brisk Autumn air and discussed things that were very grown up. She also shared with me some private fears she still has (I do not have permission to share those here), and showed me how she is working hard to get in better shape and take better care of her body. I'm so proud of her!

Sorry about the sentimental post. I always wax nostalgic this time of year.

No comments: