Friday, September 5, 2008

First Day of School

My Middle Schooler...Doesn't she look so grown up!


Roo had her first day of middle school yesterday. Well, actually the first day was Wednesday, but it was only a half-day and orientation for the new students so it doesn't really count (all of this according to the wiser-than-ever Roo).

She loves her locker partner and thinks her TREK teacher is very cool because there are huge flat screen monitors on the desks. She only got lost once and other than that had a terrific day. Phew!

Kanga-mom is hanging in there. Each day I'm relaxing a little more and enjoying the quiet time with Winnie and Tigger. The three of us have been really enjoying each other's company. Winnie, especially, is benefiting from the extra attention. Being the middle child can be tough at times, and with her amicable disposition, her loud and rambuctious sisters often over shadow her.

Winnie and Tigger had a tough time with Roo getting on the bus on Orientation Day. I didn't anticipate any trouble from them and was focused so much on Roo that I completely missed the warning signs, but looking back here is how it played out:

The night before, Winnie was very whiney, weepy, and kept getting up throughout the night with bad dreams. The next morning she had a major meltdown over getting dressed and kept asking when she was going to preschool, and why Roo was riding a bus, and where was Roo going, and when would Roo be back, and "Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!" Tigger was ok until Roo got on the bus. Then the mouth opened and the shreaks came out as she realized she wasn't getting on the bus as well. Oh man, did she steal the show! On the walk home we sang the song, "The Wheels on the Bus go 'round and 'round, " and that helped her to choke back her sobs. Poor thing!

A blessed friend of mine emailed me that morning offering to host the two little ones at a Mom's Morning Out group for me. That was a life savior! Thank you Delayne! I was able to distract the little ones with the idea that they were going to get to go to "Preschool" that morning and that saved the day!

Here are some pics of that morning:



And here's Roo walking excitedly to the bus stop for the very first time!

The past two days have gone really well. No major catastrophes. I didn't even cry! Everything that needed to happen, happened effortlessly. God has answered all of my prayers for this transition and all the glory goes to him. He is faithful and knows just what we need when we need it. All we have to do is listen and obey.

I expect there will be bumps in the road as the year progress. That's how life works. However, through it all I will remember the Lord my God and seek his wisdom first. I will remember that He knows this road we are on. He created it and knew we would take it before we did. Nothing is a surprise to him so I will trust in Him. I will cover my children in prayer every day and I will continue to teach them His ways so that they may choose to trust in Him also.

Have a blessed day!





No comments: